Every Friday a smiley tab gets pulled from the box randomly (as randomly as to allow everyone the opportunity to win during the academic year, if you know what I mean!) The winning child gets a prize. The more tabs the more chance of winning!
I also award special awards for the children who stand out with achieving during that week. I sometimes choose up to 3 children for this prize.
Some of the ways your child can achieve smiley tabs:
Being thoughtful and caring.
Being independent.
Reading every night and a diary signed by a parent to show they have read.
Achievements outside of school.
Working hard.
Completing and submitting home learning.
Etc etc.
You can use this to your own advantage to encourage your child to read regularly, complete home learning etc.
Make a note in their diary to let us know.
Ask your child about the smiley box.
Regards
Mrs James.
No comments:
Post a Comment