Monday, 27 January 2014

Dear Parents
Homework this week is based on the language task we started last week. We have been reading the book 'Let's Go Home Little Bear' and the children have been collecting 'sound' words from the story. This week I would like the children to imagine that they are walking through a jungle and list the sounds they might hear. I have differentiated the task and I've explained to the children that there are 3 levels of challenge. A list of 10 sound words is the minimum I would expect and 20 words is the highest level of challenge for this task.

In Language this week we will be  re-writing the story of 'Let's Go Home Little Bear' focusing on writing a beginning, middle and end to the story.
In Maths we are comparing numbers and finding numbers 'between' two numbers. We are also learning about halves and doubles.
In Science we are learning about animal senses and how these might differ from human senses.
In ICT we are using a modeling program to create our own 'mixed up' animals. We have created some very unusual species!!

We are still having head lice reported so can we please remind you to keep checking your child's hair.

Mrs Udy and Mrs Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment